1.Green Sprouts Organic Baby & Family Fest
Saturday, September 13th, 10am to 5pm at Peninsula Park in Portland, OR.
A wide variety of informative seminars and interactive workshops are planned geared towards raising families in a healthy and sustainable environment.
Natural Childbirth Options
Introduction to Baby Sign Language
Lead Poisoning Prevention
Plastics: Impacts & Alternatives
Early Childhood Movement & Music
Simple Outdoor Activities
Over 70 exhibitors are expected representing the following healthy and sustainable products, services, and topic areas.
A jam-packed schedule of fun children activities and programs are being planned for Green Sprouts including:
Live music and sing alongs.
Free Range Petting Zoo
Baby Sling Fashion Show
Children's Clothing Swap
Arts & Crafts
In addition, Peninsula park offers many amenities including:
Ample fields and park space to lay out a picnic blanket, toss a ball, and enjoy the outdoors, a modern and expansive playground, picnic tables, and an extensive 2 acre, well maintained rose garden.
for more details:http://www.redirectguide.com/GreenSprouts/about.htm
Some of ya may be thinking BORING--BUT I LLOOOOVVEE this kind of stuff... Trav is all for it to go too.. WOO HOO...
--------------AND------------------------------drum roll please----
MY new favorite store in the whole world.. mind you these things change often..ask my husband i have a new favorite thing or something new that i love every other day.
FREE PEOPLE CLOTHING
I love the whole 70's, Hippie look. The authentic kind not the fashion one at some stores... again i love it. ....
This store has everything that i love and it looks ORIGINAL.
So yes there is a catch.
1. I will never spend as much money for some of the things in that store.
2. I will prob not for a long time have that much money to EVER spend there...and feel ok about it...
BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT--- THANK GOD FOR SALES.... YIIIPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
check them out-- freepeople.com
So I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE Enchanted Forrest so we went there as Nalia and I's birth celebration.
Nalia really is big.. she did the bumper boat all by herself. she was very confused the WHOLE time. Trav and I laughed so hard.
She went on the ice ride that is for big people..you had to be 34 inches tall and she BARLEY passed it.
She didn't really care for ABE... another good laugh..
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
3. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement,
'My purpose for today is: ________ '
4. Eat more foods that grow on plants, and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
5. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
6. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
7. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
8. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
9. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
10. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
11. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
12. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
13. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
14. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
15. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
16. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'
17. Forgive everyone for everything.
18. What other people think of you is none of your business.
19. GOD heals almost everything. . . and He can heal everything if it's in His plan. We just need to trust His bigger picture.
20. However good or bad a situation is -- it will change.
21. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch!!!
22. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
23. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements:
'I am thankful for _____.' AND 'Today I accomplished______.'
24. Remember that you are Too blessed to be stressed.
Her party was a night one... we had tons of white lights and tiki torches, paper lanterns... FUN.. though of course by the end of the night Nalia along w/ Betsy were naked....=)